Conference Center Address
Continuing Education and Conference Center
1890 Buford Ave, St Paul, MN 55108
Air Travel to Minneapolis
Airport: Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport (MSP)
Location of Airport: About 15 miles from campus
Getting from the airport to campus:
- Public Transportation (Buses or Light Rail): Light rail transit and city buses are available from the airport to downtown Minneapolis and the UMN campus (including the Commons Hotel).
- Shuttles: Super Shuttle is a shared shuttle service that costs approximately $20 per person. The Shuttle operates every day. If you have more than 3 pieces of luggage you will be charged an extra fee.
- Taxis: Taxi service is available for approximately $40-$50. Use taxis and shuttle services that have the name of the company clearly marked, and whose drivers are willing to give you an estimate of the cost to take you to your destination.
- Consider using Uber or Lyft.
Driving to St. Paul
The Twin Cities campus at the University of Minnesota is one of the largest urban campuses in the country, spanning five miles from east to west. The University is sectioned into three areas; East Bank, West Bank and St. Paul. The following directions bring you to the St. Paul campus.
Northbound on I-35W: Follow I-35W to I-94. Continue on I-94 to Highway 280. Go north and exit on Larpenteur Avenue. Turn right on Larpenteur and right on Cleveland Avenue. Campus is on your left.
Southbound on I-35W: Exit at Cleveland Avenue. Head south on Cleveland to Larpenteur Avenue. Campus is straight ahead.
East and Westbound on I-94: Follow I-94 to Highway 280. Go north and exit on Larpenteur Avenue. Turn right on Larpenteur and right on Cleveland Avenue. Campus is on your left.
Westbound on Highway 36: Exit at Cleveland Avenue. Head south on Cleveland to Larpenteur Avenue. Campus is straight ahead.
Please find information about parking at the conference center here.
S104 Lot is the closest parking lot to the Continuing Education Conference Center.
Best Western Plus Como Park Hotel, near St. Paul campus
Holiday Inn Express, near St. Paul campus
AirBnB near St. Paul campus
If you are taking the light rail from the MSP airport to the Commons Hotel, use the following directions:
- Take the Blue Line from the airport toward Minneapolis.
- Exit at the US Bank Stadium station. Walk across the platform to take the Green Line toward St. Paul.
- Your stop is the East Bank station. It is right outside the Commons Hotel.
The Twin Cities is the 16th largest metropolitan area in the country with about 3 million residents. Home to the Minnesota Vikings and Twins, the community is also known for its vibrant art and theatre scenes, with the Guthrie Theater, the Minneapolis Institute of Art, and Walker Art Center and Sculpture Garden being the main attractions to visitors near and far.
The University of Minnesota sits at the heart of the Twin Cities community, surrounded by great restaurants and local specialty stores. We recommend trying out some of these while you’re here:
- Kitty Kat Club & Annie’s Parlour ($)
- Stub and Herb’s Emporium ($)
- Brit’s Pub - with lawn bowling ($)
- Hi-Lo Diner ($$)
- Amazing Thailand ($$)
- Zen Box Izakaya ($$)
- Lao Sze Chuan ($$)
- The Old Spaghetti Factory ($$)
- The Freehouse ($$$)
- Spoon and Stable ($$$)
If you want to experience the nation’s largest shopping and entertainment destination, the Mall of America is just a 15-minute drive from the campus. The MoA features more than 500 stores, 50 restaurants, SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium, the LEGO store (must take selfies here), the largest Nickelodeon theme park--Nickelodeon Universe (also a favorite Pokemon GO destination), and a newly opened Crayola Experience + Store (where you can learn all the Crayola colors, and create, name, and wrap your very own crayons).
But you don’t have to travel far from the Continuing Education and Conference Center for food, education, or entertainment. The pastoral Saint Paul Campus is home to the University of Minnesota’s College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences (CFANS) and College of Design. Home to the Wearable Product Design Center (WPDC), the College of Design pursues cutting-edge research on wearable clothing, broadly defined. Less than a mile from the St. Paul campus is the charming neighborhood of Saint Anthony Park, where you can find a chocolatier, gift shops, an independent grocer, a bookstore, a Carnegie Library, and three popular Saint Paul restaurants:
The Twin Cities is one of the most diverse and friendly communities in many substantial ways. Check out the Lavender Magazine for recommendations to local LGBTQ events and places to visit. For experience with specific cultures in the community, check out the Minneapolis American Indian Center, African Development Center of Minnesota, Asian Pacific Cultural Center, Centro Cultural Chicano, and the Minnesota Humanities Center.